Madonna Defends Rosie O'Donnell

Madonna went to bat for her longtime friend, Rosie O'Donnell on the 'Today' show this morning.

Madonna told Meredith Vieira, formerly of 'The View', "People are giving Rosie a hard time, I wish they'd stop. I don't think it's fair."

Madonna said she was travelling abroad when she heard of the nasty feud and had to email O'Donnell right away.


"I have to hear it from the horse's mouth. Basically, I mean, she's a stand-up comic. I think all stand-up comics talk about provocative things in their monologues before shows, and I think that's a commonplace thing."

"I don't know exactly the content of what she said, but I have a feeling that if every stand-up comic was penalized for saying politically incorrect things or provocative things, I think they'd all be hung in the public square."


Score another one for Team O'Donnell.

Spicy
Source: Reuters

Popular Posts