Benefit Moon Beam Review + Swatch

I've been meaning to review this product for some time now, since I picked it up at Sephora 2-3 months back. The first time I was intrigued to try it was when I saw it on Pixiwoo's Youtube channel: Moon Beam was mixed with Chanel Vitalumiere foundation - to achieve that glowing-goddess-look all over. [FYI I haven't dared to try that combination yet since I already struggle with oily skin - even when I use skin mattifiers- so you can imagine why I really don't want more highlighting shine on my face.]

In the bottle it looks yellow-gold/champagne with a peach, pearl hint and it comes with a brush that reminds me of a nail polish bottle.
While I was in Sephora I did some swatches of both products and blended in.

I felt the High Beam was more on the silvery-frost side- great if you want a more noticeable highlighter and specially if you're on the pale side. Moon Beam blends into your skin tone and is more subtle- supposedly nicer for tan/medium skin tones.


What I LOVE about this product:
-A little goes a long way. I don't use it everyday, only for nights out, but all I need is 1-2 drops of this for all the areas that I want highlighted (cupids bow above lips, cheekbones, straight down the nose). I mean, priced at $24 I was reluctant to fork over the cash, but when you think about how long one bottle will last, it's well worth it.

-How to use: It's insanely easy to apply. After my foundation, I just dot it onto the areas that need highlighting, then use my fingers to pat into skin for a flawless look. This is basically my Holy Grail highlighter.
After that use powder products like you usually would (liquid products always should be used BEFORE powder to avoid a cakey look).

-Unlike so many powder highlighters there's no glitter! Nor shimmer. All you get is this dewy glow. I've been wanting to try a Mac Mineralize Skinfinish (highlighter) but then I thought about it and this already does such a good job, I don't think I need to look elsewhere.

-It's a liquid so it doesn't rub off and lasts longer then powders.

(Swatch: Dotted on, then blended into skin)


Have you tried Moon Beam and/or High Beam? And which is your favorite highlighter?



Popular Posts