Trump Gives Miss USA Second Chance

Donald Trump decided to not take away the Miss USA crown from Tara Conner.




Instead, he used the hard partying, libido driven Conner as an example, and he is expecting her to be a good one.

"I've always been a believer in second chances," Trump said at a press conference held with Tara at Trump Towers. He described the current Miss USA as a "good person" who deserves another shot.

Mr. Trump stated that the newly 21 year old would be entering a rehab program
"her duties will be limited as she receives the help she needs during this personal time."

"She left a small town in Kentucky and she was telling me that she got caught up in the whirlwind of New York," said Trump. He didn't elaborate much beyond that, but did go on to talk generally about youth and drugs.

"Young people today have a tough road. There's no question about it. Alcohol, drugs, life and especially in this city and a couple of other cities. It's tough. It's not easy," Trump said. "I believe that after speaking with Tara that. . .she can do a tremendous service to young people. She knows that if she makes even the slightest mistake from here on, she will be immediately replaced."

Tara also spoke at the press conference.

"You'll never know how much I appreciate Mr. Trump for saving me on this one. It truly takes someone with a wonderful heart, a heart of gold and a blessed soul.. He's a very very compassionate person and obviously I've learned that today and I'm so happy I'll be given this opportunity because I know that when I do my job I'm very passionate about it.

"I'm willing to do whatever it takes to better myself. Not only given a chance to better myself, but to better me as a Miss USA. I plan on walking out of this the best Miss USA you've ever seen."

"I wouldn't say that I am an alcoholic that would be pushing the envelope a little bit," she told reporters. "I don't have a problem with anything like that."


(P.S. Sorry for the late start today, kids!)

Source: E!

Subscribe to Celebrity Smack

Popular Posts